Hello again! If you’re looking to take your health to the next level in the new year, you’ve come to the right place! I had the opportunity to review the Bushfood Australian Superfood Powders from Project You, and I can’t wait to share them with you!
Project You is a company whose “goal is to help you achieve true health and longevity by engaging the three pillars of wellness– internal(nutrition and gut health), physical (exercise and sleep) and emotional and spiritual self-care – that together will help your body act and feel younger.”
Their Bushfood Australian Superfood Powders are made from powerful, vitamin-packed super fruits used in Indigenous Australian culture for 50,000 years. These powerhouse powders can be added to smoothies, soups, or just about anything you want to make healthier! Keep reading for the nutritional benefits of each flavor and visit the Project You website for flavor profiles and more!
- An excellent source of potassium. Potassium plays a vital role in every single heartbeat. It helps our muscles move, our nerves work through-out our bodies and our kidneys filter out toxins.
- A good source of Vitamin E and zinc; two nutrients required for glowing, youthful looking skin.
- A unique dairy-free source of calcium.
- An antioxidant powerhouse, containing high levels of anthocyanin, which is thought to improve cognitive function and protect against certain cancers and heart disease.
- Contains more lutein than an avocado (thought to be the primary source of lutein). Lutein is a carotenoid vitamin that plays an important role in eye health, improving symptoms in atrophic age-related macular degeneration by inhibiting inflammation. Age-related macular degeneration is the leading cause of vision loss in aging Western societies.
- Contains properties believed to have anti-diabetic effects and a capacity to reduce hypertension and obesity.
- Three times the folate of a blueberry. Folate is needed for healthy growth and development and is essential for the healthy development of a baby during pregnancy.
- Rich in manganese and an important plant source of calcium.
- Contains high levels of anthocyanins, a potent antioxidant that is thought to improve cognitive function and protect against certain cancers, heart and Alzheimer’s diseases.
- Contains twice the vitamin C of an orange.
- A great source of vitamin E, folate, magnesium and calcium.
- A valuable vegan source of iron and zinc.
- A rich source of phenolic-based antioxidants which boost the immune system, reduce inflammation and protect against numerous diseases including cancer, cardiovascular disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
- The kernel contains a range of complex oils and, which are recognized for their antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities.
- Contains rutin, a strong antioxidant that can help reduce the proliferation of free radicals. Rutin works with vitamin C to strengthen capillaries, reduce dark circles under the eyes and strengthen the skin from the effects of aging.
- Highest recorded levels of Vitamin C of any fruit in the world, measuring up to 100 times the Vitamin C content found in an orange.
- Due to its extreme potency, you only need 1g of Freeze Dried Kakadu Plum powder to match the Vitamin C content found in an entire orange.
- Exhibits outstanding antioxidant capacity, being 5.2 times more potent than the blueberry.
- Due to its exceptional anti-oxidant composition, it is believed that kakadu plum could help provide the most powerful Alzheimer’s treatment to date.
- Celebrated for its medicinal properties and is a known antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral agent.
- A vegetarian source of iron and Vitamin E and folate.
The Bottom Line
These powders are absolutely incredible! It can be difficult at times to get all of the vitamins and minerals your body needs to perform and feel its best. These powders eliminate that challenge. I simply added the suggested amount to my morning smoothie and/or oatmeal, and went about my day knowing I had consumed high-quality superfoods! After a week, I can genuinely say I have more energy and feel great! I highly recommend giving Bushfood Australian Superfood Powders a try!
I must be honest, I haven’t had pancakes in a long, LONG time! I have very little time to cook, and the store-bought stuff is full of chemicals and other stuff I don’t want to eat, so I just kind of gave up on the idea of having pancakes. Well, I was THRILLED to find It’s Really Vegan Complete Pancake/Waffle Mix!
As the name indicates, this product is vegan, soy-free, egg-free, and dairy-free! All you need to do is add water, give the batter a quick mix, and within a few minutes on a hot skillet or griddle, you have light, airy, and golden-brown pancakes!
The Original Mix has a subtle sweetness to them so they are extra delicious! I really enjoyed these with maple syrup and fruit on top. After taking these pictures, I added some blueberries to the batter, and oh my goodness, these blueberry pancakes were better than anything I remember ordering at a restaurant! I’m in love! Here’s the full ingredient list:
They also offer a Chocolate flavor that has a subtle cocoa flavor and pairs perfectly with rich maple syrup or even chocolate chips! The chocolate flavor was just as fluffy and delicious as the Original flavor! You can check out the ingredients in the Chocolate Mix below:
The Bottom Line
If you’re vegan or just want to eat healthier, yet you don’t have a lot of time to cook, It’s Really Vegan Complete Pancake/Waffle Mix is for you! You can whip up mouth-watering, better than restaurant quality pancakes for you and your family in no time! My non-vegan boyfriend said they tasted amazing and I must agree, this mix is absolutely fabulous. I highly, highly recommend giving these a try!
Thank you, It’s Really Vegan, for sending me this product to review!
Please follow me on Instagram @Vegantreasurehunter 😎
If you love cookies, cakes, and all things baked, you must try The Plant Based Egg from Freely Vegan! This egg replacer eliminates eggs from your recipes and can also be used to create your own gluten-free flour blends!
About Freely Vegan:
“We’re a vegan, gluten free, top 8 allergen free company who believes in delicious, cruelty free food for everyone. We currently offer one amazing product, The Plant Based Egg!”
I’m far from an expert in the kitchen although I do enjoy trying out new vegan products! When I cook or bake, I just call it “making a mess” because that’s pretty much what it is, but when I was sent these samples of The Plant Based Egg from Deborah (the creator of Vegan Kitchen Magick and this AWESOME Chili Recipe), I was super psyched to try it out!
The package includes a little chart that tells you how much of the egg replacer and plant based milk to use to replace the eggs in your recipe. Very useful! As you can see from the ingredient list, this product only contains a few fully vegan and gluten-free ingredients.
I have actually tried baking gluten-free muffins in the past, but they turned out way too chewy and that’s where my adventures in gluten-free baking ended. So, with a newly found sense of confidence, I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies! I followed this Freely Vegan recipe using almond milk and added some chopped almonds and a pinch of cinnamon.
DRUM ROLLLLLLLL, PLEASE!
They turned out SO good! These chocolate chip cookies were exactly what I was hoping for! They were the perfect density and chewiness (nothing like the horrific muffins I tried in the past) and got slightly crispy on the edges, which is just how I like them! No one would ever guess that they were both vegan and gluten-free! Mission accomplished!
The Bottom Line
I love independent companies that create innovative vegan products. It is so important to support these companies to ensure that the future is vegan! The Plant Based Egg will save you time in the kitchen and will allow vegans and/or gluten-free individuals to easily create delicious baked goods!
There’s no reason to miss out on brownies, cookies, pancakes and other fantastic snacks and other goodies. Just give The Plant Based Egg a try!
Company: Banza Chickpea Pasta
“Chickpeas make delicious pasta. That’s why we used them to create Banza®. We took a household favorite and made it even better, turning the pasta you love into the pasta that loves you back!”
Product: Banza Ziti Made From Chickpeas – $25.00 USD for a case of six, 8 ounce boxes
Review: Who doesn’t like a great pasta dish? I know I do, but don’t eat it as often as I’d like because I’m trying to get “healthier.”
Well, needless to say, I was thrilled to try out this chickpea pasta from Banza! It only has 4 ingredients: Chickpeas, Tapioca, Pea Protein, and Xanthum Gum. This badass pasta is gluten-free, non-GMO, and of course, Vegan! Each 3.5 ounce serving contains 25 grams of protein (whoa!!!!), 13 grams of Fiber, and 43 grams of carbs! Did I mention it was gluten-free?
Ok, so you may have tried brown rice pasta or some other pasta varieties that just don’t cook nicely. They get mushy, stick together, or take on a not-so-appetizing gummy texture. I’m happy to report that this Ziti was simple to cook and it took just 8 minutes to get to the perfect, slightly more than al dente texture.
Trust me when that one serving will fill you up… even for the biggest pasta fiends! All of that protein, fiber, and carbs really make one satisfying meal! I’d love to make some into a pasta salad and take it with me for lunch or after the gym for some long-lasting energy.
I decided to make a Chiken Alfredo… something I haven’t had in a decade. I was worried that my cashew-based sauce was too thick (is there such a thing?) and it would cause the pasta to break apart. NOPE! The ziti and my crazy rich Alfredo sauce paired up perfectly!
The Bottom Line
Banza Chickpea Pasta is some pretty amazing stuff! I can’t get over how easy it was to cook! It tastes just like regular pasta, only it is jam packed with protein and fiber. This is perfect for people that love to carbo-load while watching Black Mirror (me!) or for fitness enthusiasts that want a satisfying, clean meal. I can’t recommend this pasta enough!
Thank you, Banza, for sending me your pasta to review!