Hello again! If you’re looking to take your health to the next level in the new year, you’ve come to the right place! I had the opportunity to review the Bushfood Australian Superfood Powders from Project You, and I can’t wait to share them with you!
Project You is a company whose “goal is to help you achieve true health and longevity by engaging the three pillars of wellness– internal(nutrition and gut health), physical (exercise and sleep) and emotional and spiritual self-care – that together will help your body act and feel younger.”
Their Bushfood Australian Superfood Powders are made from powerful, vitamin-packed super fruits used in Indigenous Australian culture for 50,000 years. These powerhouse powders can be added to smoothies, soups, or just about anything you want to make healthier! Keep reading for the nutritional benefits of each flavor and visit the Project You website for flavor profiles and more!
- An excellent source of potassium. Potassium plays a vital role in every single heartbeat. It helps our muscles move, our nerves work through-out our bodies and our kidneys filter out toxins.
- A good source of Vitamin E and zinc; two nutrients required for glowing, youthful looking skin.
- A unique dairy-free source of calcium.
- An antioxidant powerhouse, containing high levels of anthocyanin, which is thought to improve cognitive function and protect against certain cancers and heart disease.
- Contains more lutein than an avocado (thought to be the primary source of lutein). Lutein is a carotenoid vitamin that plays an important role in eye health, improving symptoms in atrophic age-related macular degeneration by inhibiting inflammation. Age-related macular degeneration is the leading cause of vision loss in aging Western societies.
- Contains properties believed to have anti-diabetic effects and a capacity to reduce hypertension and obesity.
- Three times the folate of a blueberry. Folate is needed for healthy growth and development and is essential for the healthy development of a baby during pregnancy.
- Rich in manganese and an important plant source of calcium.
- Contains high levels of anthocyanins, a potent antioxidant that is thought to improve cognitive function and protect against certain cancers, heart and Alzheimer’s diseases.
- Contains twice the vitamin C of an orange.
- A great source of vitamin E, folate, magnesium and calcium.
- A valuable vegan source of iron and zinc.
- A rich source of phenolic-based antioxidants which boost the immune system, reduce inflammation and protect against numerous diseases including cancer, cardiovascular disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
- The kernel contains a range of complex oils and, which are recognized for their antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities.
- Contains rutin, a strong antioxidant that can help reduce the proliferation of free radicals. Rutin works with vitamin C to strengthen capillaries, reduce dark circles under the eyes and strengthen the skin from the effects of aging.
- Highest recorded levels of Vitamin C of any fruit in the world, measuring up to 100 times the Vitamin C content found in an orange.
- Due to its extreme potency, you only need 1g of Freeze Dried Kakadu Plum powder to match the Vitamin C content found in an entire orange.
- Exhibits outstanding antioxidant capacity, being 5.2 times more potent than the blueberry.
- Due to its exceptional anti-oxidant composition, it is believed that kakadu plum could help provide the most powerful Alzheimer’s treatment to date.
- Celebrated for its medicinal properties and is a known antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral agent.
- A vegetarian source of iron and Vitamin E and folate.
The Bottom Line
These powders are absolutely incredible! It can be difficult at times to get all of the vitamins and minerals your body needs to perform and feel its best. These powders eliminate that challenge. I simply added the suggested amount to my morning smoothie and/or oatmeal, and went about my day knowing I had consumed high-quality superfoods! After a week, I can genuinely say I have more energy and feel great! I highly recommend giving Bushfood Australian Superfood Powders a try!